On November 26, 2020, Internet Web Solutions joined the online Kick-Off Meeting of YOUNG FARMERS (Rural Entrepreneurship Leveraging Advanced training for Young farmers), a Project co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission, which brings together seven Partners from five countries (Belgium, Bulgaria, Italy, Poland and Spain). The Kick-Off Meeting, hosted by the Institut De Haute Formation aux Politiques Communautaires (IHF asbl), was originally planned in Brussels, but has been rescheduled online due to COVID-19 restrictions.
While young farmers represent the economic bulk of European rural areas – territories that make up from 40% to 80% of every European nation – numerous EU reports identify the need of a strong entrepreneurial and risk management training (as well as new technologies) from which rural entrepreneurs can benefit in terms of new and more innovative models for business competitiveness.
The financial and long-term sustainability of their business is by several key factors: lack of entrepreneurial training; overall lack of digital and ICT competences; the competitive pressure represented by big industrial value chain.
YOUNG FARMERS aims to enhance the opportunities for EU young farmers to adopt and exploit digital entrepreneurship models so to valorise their businesses with new competitive solutions.
The content of the training will address three main areas:
- Challenges and opportunities for Agriculture in Digital Era
- Digital rural entrepreneurship and e-marketing
- Internationalisation and e-commerce
Throughout Implementation, Partners will:
- Implement and maintain the YOUNG FARMERS OER Platform to provide visibility to project activities and their EU mainstreaming
- Outline a comprehensive analysis on the market and competitive dynamics for rural entrepreneurship
- Develop Training and Resources Toolkit to be delivered to at least 120 targets
- Boost the adoption and replication of YOUNG FARMERS through its dissemination at national and EU level
- Promote its further uptake, providing evidence-based inputs to the communities of policy and practice in the domain of entrepreneurship and rural development
All YOUNG FARMERS results will available in multilingual versions, free of charge and without restrictions through the dedicated OER platform.
Internet Web Solutions is in charge of Intellectual Output 1 and will develop, test and update the OER platform which will represent a repository of project’s outputs, results, news and contacts. Furthermore, IWS will follow and implement each project’s output and disseminate milestones and deliverable.